Advanced Specialist Dietitian for Eating Disorders, Disordered Eating, Autism Spectrum Condition, ARFID & Sports Nutrition
Paola Falcoski, MSc, Pg Dip, BSc (Hons), RD
Paola is an Advanced Specialist Eating Disorder Dietitian for children, adolescents and adults. She has worked in both inpatients and outpatient settings. She has a MSc in Community Health and she is trained in CBT, CBT-e, Motivational Interviewing, Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) approach to feeding and Unified Protocol for Transdiagnostic Treatment for Emotional disorders in children and adolescent (UP-C).
She has now started Somatic Experiencing training to better understand trauma and help her clients.
She currently works at CAMHS Eating Disorders Team and as well as privately.
She has a strong interest in research and has published articles and book chapters.
She delivers training and lectures about both Eating Disorders and Sports Nutrition and supervise dietitians within ED practice.
Health & Social Care Professionals Council registered - HCPC
British Dietitic Association - BDA member
MSc Community Health
Specialist in Sports Nutrition
Specialist in Eating Disorders
Specialist in Phytotherapy and culinary
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy trained (CBT-e) and CBT-t
Motivational Interviewing training
Sequential Oral Sensory Approach - SOS trained
Unified Protocol for Transdiagnostic Treatment of Emotional Disorder in Children and Adolescent
Somatic Experiencing - in training
in Private or in a Group
Treatments are individualized and a specific meal plan will be created for each client.
Groups can be formed under specific conditions.
I offer a one-to-one session in person or via Skype Phone/e-mail sessions are also available both in English and Portuguese.
Clients can contact me directly.
Workshops/ Presentations / Podcasts
Paola has delivered many workshops, lectures and training and has presented papers in several conferences
MY ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS
1. Falcoski P, Haris N (2020) “My Path to Healing” - My Experiences and Current Support Available for Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder. J Obes Nutr Disord 05: 142. DOI: 10.29011/2577-2244.100042
2.Falcoski P., Philpot U., Tan J., Hudson L.D. and Fuller S.J. (2020) Nasogastric tube feeding in line with new dietetic guidelines for the treatment of anorexia nervosa in a specialist children and adolescent inpatient unit: a case series. J Hum Nutr Diet.
3.Fuller S.J., Philpot U & Working Group (2020) The development of consensus-based guidelines for dietetic practice in nasogastric tube feeding under restraint for patients with anorexia nervosa using a modified Delphi process. J Hum Nutr Diet.
4.Freitas, P. M. S. S. ; Garcia Rosa, M. L. ; Gomes, A. M. ; Wahrlich, V. ; Di Luca, D. G. ; Da Cruz Filho, R. A. ; Da Silva Correia, D. M. ; Faria, C. A. ; Yokoo, E. M. . Do central and peripheral fat body mass have a protective effect on osteopenia or osteoporosis in adults and elderly?. Osteoporosis International, v. 27, p.1659-1663, 2016.
5. Freitas, P. M. S. S.; Nunes, L. A. S. . Impacto da realização de uma prova de Ironman sobre parâmetros de lesão muscular e sistema imune: relato de caso. Brazilian Journal of Functional Nutrition, v. 1, p. 33, 2016.
6. Painelli, V. S. ; Freitas, P. M. S. S. ; Gualano, B. ; Artioli, G. G. . Metabolismo de carnosina, suplementação de β-alanina e desempenho físico: uma atualização ? PARTE I. RBNE - Revista Brasileira de Nutrição Esportiva, v. 9, p. 361, 2015.
7. Freitas, P. M. S. S.; Painelli, V. S. ; Saunders, B. ; Gualano, B. ; Artioli, G. G. . Metabolismo de carnosina, suplementação de β-alanina e desempenho físico: uma atualização ? PARTE II. RBNE - Revista Brasileira de Nutrição Esportiva, v. 9, p. 379, 2015.
BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
1. Freitas, P. M. S. S.; Braconnot, I. Recicle-se e saboreie-se. Uma
semana crua sem toxinas.
2. Freitas, P. M. S. S.; Freitas, S. S.. Imagem corporal nos transtornos alimentares e
na obesidade. Imagem corporal. 1ed. , 2014.
3. Ferreira, F. R. ; Freitas, P. M. S. S. ; Wollz, L. E. B. . O culto ao corpo,a
estetização da saúde e o papel do nutricionista. Alimentação, consumo e cultura. 1ed. 2013.
Paola Falcoski Dietitian
London, United Kingdom
© 2020 by Paola Falcoski Dietitian.